House Call Chiropractors is the only practice in Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties that takes a functional movement approach to your health. Functional Movement was developed 22 years ago by Gray Cook, a physical therapist. It is in use in every professional sport worldwide. Functional Movement is based on identifying dysfunctional movement patterns and using corrective exercise.
Functional Movement differs from traditional programs which only focus on strengthening a particular muscle or small group of muscles. Traditional practices do not identify an improper movement pattern. When movement is compromised the body always compensates. In other words, muscles that are supposed to stabilize the body compensate by assisting with movement. Muscles designed to be a primary or secondary mover compensate by assisting with stability. Compensation is dysfunction. Sometimes those compensations cause pain. Compensation/dysfunction can slow recovery, cause limps, poor posture, and so forth. When chiropractic is not focused on functional movement the chiropractic adjustments may not hold and the patient finds he/she has to return for more visits. Functional movement helps identify risk with proper diagnosis and provides a corrective plan to reduce risk.
If you aren’t getting the help you need and are looking for someone to help you with a holistic, evidence-based approach for wellness or to treat your pain, whether it’s chronic or acute, then you’ve come to the right place.
The practice comes to you, home or office.
There are no hidden fees or charges. There are never contracts. The patient is given the choice to continue care with no pressure. There are never misleading marketing practices. My practice philosophy is holistic and evidence-based at reasonable fees where the doctor makes the medical decisions instead of the insurance company.
- Fibromyalgia & Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Sports Injuries
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain including Headaches
- Hand, Leg, or Foot Numbness
- Plantar Fasciitis, Carpal Tunnel
- All Musculoskeletal Joint Pain
- Vertigo (Dizziness)
- Home Exercises / Exercise Rehab
- Preventative Exercise and Strengthening
- Ergonomics in Home or Office
- Nutrition Counseling
- Senior Chiropractic
- Student Sports Physicals
- Car Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Trigger Points
- In-Home Stretch & Exercise Trainer
- Certified in Rock Tape kinesiotaping
- Certified in Specific Functional Movement Analysis
- Certified in Functional Movement Screens
Fibromyalgia Patients – House Call Chiropractors can help you restore your activities of daily living. There is hope for you. You don’t need to spend the rest of your life incapable of doing the most basic functions. We use an evidence based approach combining some chiropractic with a myofascial release protocol and have seen, first hand, marked patient improvement. Our release techniques are in peer-reviewed published journals from two medical schools. If you’re having difficulty with any of the following, call Dr. Radman now!
- Putting on your socks and shoes without pain
- Getting into or out of bed without pain
- Getting out of a chair without pain
- Using the bathroom without pain
- Basic household cooking and cleaning without pain
- Being able to move about without pain
- Reducing your pain meds & trips to the doctor
- We do not prescribe pharmaceuticals nor advise patients to stop taking prescribed medications. Before changes are made to your prescription medications, you MUST consult your medical doctor.
Dr. Radman is a member of the National Fibromyalgia Association and the National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association.
The ONLY chiropractor in Santa Cruz County certified in Functional Movement Screens and Selective Functional Movement Assessments!
Here is what to do:
- Schedule an appointment (call, email, or click on Appointment button)
- Complete the New Patient forms.
- You’re set! We’ll discuss your problem in person, take a history, an orthopedic exam, and neurological exam – all in the comfort and privacy of your home or office. A working diagnosis will be made and if there are no complicating reasons, you will be adjusted!
- Note that unless it is medically necessary, there will be no x-rays.
- I look forward to meeting you! I am here to serve you!
- Call or send e-mail for any reason. (831) 227-1544
House Call Chiropractors partners with these companies to help you!